Our School Community
St Hilda’s is a school that values and celebrates its extended community which is composed up of a number of groups who all contribute to the St Hilda’s family. Alongside our school staff, boarding staff, parents and students, we have four key groups who all play a special role in the life of our school.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is responsible for school governance in support of school management. The Board of Trustees helps to create the vision to take the school into the future while building on the strong foundations of the past. Our Board of Trustees members are:
- Mr Neil Finn-House - Chair, Parent Representative
- Ms Lauren Semple - Deputy Chair, Parent Representative
- Mrs Lynda Davison - Parent Representative
- Mr Scott Mason - Parent Representative
- Mr Peter McIntyre - Parent Representative
- Mrs Kate Anderson - Board of Proprietors Representative
- Mrs Amanda Burke - Board of Proprietors Representative
- Mrs Lynley Verkerk - Board of Proprietors Representative
- Mrs Jackie Barron - Principal
- Mrs Carla Joint - Staff Representative
- Miss Stella Keown - 2017 Student Representative
- In Attendance: Mrs Kathryn Facer - Secretary
Board of Proprietors
This group is responsible for the school’s building and development. They ensure that future facilities enable St Hilda’s to continue to be a place of excellence.
The Tolcarne Committee is a representing parents group from various geographical areas within Otago and Southland. The purpose of this group is to create a direct link between boarding families and the management of Tolcarne and the Board of Proprietors.
Parents’ and Friends’ Association
This is an active group who initiate and organise a variety of activities for parents and school, as well as fundraising activities. This group is integral in creating a sense of community within the school.