Our community is composed of a number of groups who all contribute to the St Hilda’s whānau.
St Hilda’s is a school that values and celebrates its extended community which is composed up of a number of groups who all contribute to the St Hilda’s family.
Alongside our school staff, boarding staff, parents and students, we have four key groups who all play a special role in the life of our school.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is responsible for school governance in support of school management. The Board of Trustees helps to create the vision to take the school into the future while building on the strong foundations of the past. See below for a video Olivia Wilkinson (2022 Student Representative) created, providing further insight into the Board within our school.
Our Board of Trustees members are:
Dr Carthika Luxmanan - Chair, Parent Representative
Anne McLeod - Deputy Chair, Parent Representative
- Craig Ashton - Parent Representative
- Ryan Priemus - Parent Representative
- Gretchen Beardmore - Parent Representative
- Andrea Chisholm - Board of Proprietors Representative
- Louise Taylor - Board of Proprietors Representative
- Craig Erasmus - Board of Proprietors Representative
- Judy Maw - Acting Principal
- Carla Joint - Staff Representative
- Elsie Burnside - 2023 Student Representative
In Attendance: Jan Clark and Deb Sutton - Secretary
Board of Proprietors
This group is responsible for the school’s building and development. They ensure that future facilities enable St Hilda’s to continue to be a place of excellence.
Our Board of Proprietors members are:
- Bishop Steven Benford - President of the SHCS Incorporated Society
- Andrea Chisholm - Chairperson, Old Girls' Association
- Joc Kinney - Deputy Chair, Old Girls' Association
- Julie Ross - Dunedin Diocesan Trust Board
- Rev Liz Cheyne - Dunedin Diocesan Council
- Louise Taylor - Dunedin Diocesan Council
- Emma Burke - Dunedin Diocesan Trust Board
- Gene Ollerenshaw - Dunedin Diocesan Trust Board
- Vanessa Robb - Old Girls' Association
- Sharon Fulton - Parents' and Friends' Association
- Murray Cockburn - Country Representative
- Robyn Pannett - Country Representative
- Peter Sinclair - Country Representative
- Craig Erasmus - Country Representative
- Sarah-Kate Dineen - Country Representative
- Sarah Homer - Country Representative
- Judy Maw - Acting Principal
- Ange Rathbone - Director of Boarding
- Jan Clark - Business Manager
- Deb Sutton - Board Secretary
Tolcarne committee & The Parents’ and Friends’ Association
The Tolcarne Committee is a representative parents group from various geographical areas within Otago and Southland. The purpose of this group is to create a direct link between boarding families and the management of Tolcarne and the Board of Proprietors.
Parents’ and Friends’ Association
This is an active group who initiate and organise a variety of activities for parents and school, as well as fundraising activities. This group is integral in creating a sense of community within the school.
Our Parents’ and Friends’ Association members are:
- Roberta Lawrence - President
- Linh Ashton - Vice President
- Jenny Wagner - Secretary
- Leanne Wright - Treasurer
- Andrea Chisholm & Sharon Fulton - Board of Proprietors Representatives